I can’t believe it’s been more than a week since I attended the Snap Conference in Salt Lake City, Utah. (See my fab adventure on Instagram and by searching for the hashtag #snapconf). It was a time to slow down, rest, make and learn. This year’s theme was “Girl on Fire,” and I can say I came back ready bring you fresh ideas and share with you my love for making. First, here are five things I learned attending my first creative conference you might find handy if you are in the same place:
- Make a friend and be FRIEND: Come ready to meet people! Celebrate your similarities and be open to discuss your differences. You will be amazed at what you share in common with others and be inspired by new ways of thinking.
- Preparation + Perfect moments = OPPORTUNITY. When you meet brands and sponsors, be ready to explain in 30 seconds who your are and why you blog, why you are a good fit with the brand. More on that here.
- DON’T get LOST in the DETAILS: Don’t get lost in the details, use your phone’s recorder + camera to capture all the details for you. Focus on the BIG PICTURE, otherwise you’ll drown in detailed notes you likely may not revisit once you’re home. Write down at least three key takeaways and the next action step you will take at home.
- Have FUN: Soak in all the parties, free time and other fun moments. Give your brain a chance to rest so you come home refreshed and full of focus!
- Be ENCOURAGED! Pat yourself on the back, friend. You’re on some next level awesomeness! Attending a creative conference is the first step on a fabulous journey to elevating your craft game.
Check out a few fab pics from this year’s Snap below! Join me next year?