I searched the interwebs for a few definitions of the word “Muse” and found the following:
- “a source of inspiration; especially : a guiding genius”
- “a state of deep thought or dreamy abstraction” (dreamy abstraction? – YES!)
- “an imaginary force that gives you ideas and helps you to write, paint, or make music, or a physical representation of this force.”
That being said, I’m here to share five creative forces:
- Pottery Barn: Yes the furniture store. Who hasn’t wondered into this store and wanted to immediately buy everything, right? Check out Pinterest for all of the Pottery Barn Project hacks (inspired projects) to get idea of this store’s popularity. Pottery Barn designers pay close attention to color, proportion and spacing — all similar matters to consider in paper crafting.
- Design Seeds – A place where Jessica, the founder is serious about color!
- Inspiration Avenue – Doesn’t the name say it all? Amy shares her sources of inspiration, paper crafting, home decor and other fun DIY.
- Besotted. It’s hand lettering. Just go there. now. (But come back!)
- Live Colorful. A beautiful website full of news, art, DIY and, project tutorials bursting with color!
Please comment below and share your favorite sources of creativity or tell me what you think about the sites above.